Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Community Service

Each year, beginning int he fifth grade, the students at HNM are required to perform a certain amount of community service hours. For the eighth graders we have to perform thirty hours. I am an Altar Server and Eucharist Minister which provides me with ten hours. The Cadette Scout Troop I am part of judged Christmas Lights this Christmas for four hours. I also helped on the Leroy Haynes "Wrap It Up" service for another three hours, and I help with the St. Vincent de Paul Ministry at my church packing food and gift baskets for needy families during Christmas. This is the picture of the group of us who came out early on Saturday morning to pack and load the baskets. Volunteers also drove the baskets to the homes of the families. It is nice and rewarding to be part of something so special. I need to find two more community projects before spring break and I will have my hours in!

No comments: